I know I posted a Facebook comment about some of the changes coming our way in 2010, but one of my resolutions is to keep up with this blog a little better. I like the idea of having the electronic play by play of the year to go back and see the memories made.
Joe and I are both starting new jobs this month. He is leaving Procter & Gamble after being there 13 1/2 years. It was a difficult decision, but after many prayers and analyzing it from every angle, we both felt that God was leading him to this new position. He starts at Coleman Outdoor Products on the 17th as a Sr Category Manager. I am very proud of his accomplishments and the kind words said by both P&G and Coleman.
With his new position, it has allowed me to take a part-time position with Hope Cancer Resources as an assistant to the Development Coordinator. I will be helping with donor records and events along with various other things. I am extremely excited to get the opportunity to work for this great organization. I also feel very blessed that I will be home with my kids more and am more than happy to become the boys' taxi to their activities, etc.
I did make a couple of New Year's resolutions. The first is to read the Bible over the next year. I found a cool app for the iPhone that incorporates the One Year Bible where you read a little of the Old and New Testaments along with a Psalm and a Proverb every day. It breaks it up, and I like that a lot. I seem to always get stuck in Numbers somewhere. My second is to lose weight by eating healthier and starting a normal exercise routine. With the busy-ness of life, this is something I have neglected since having my hysterectomy almost 4 years ago. (Wow, time flies!) I am determined to make this a lifestyle change, not just the latest fad.
I also want to start adding my craft projects to my blog, as I have been bad to not take pictures of everything I have made. I am also going to start a project scrapbook now that I will have a little more time on my hands. And, I have a large stack of books calling my name. I have had a list going for sometime of books I want to read. Now I might have a little more time!
Lastly, I am trying to work out an attainable goal for memorizing Scripture this year. Knowing the Word of God, in my opinion, is our most useful tool that we can have.
We are all definitely thankful for the many blessings that God has given us!
No comments:
Post a Comment